DCS Technical Operations Manager – Job Description
Technical Operations Manager
Pinellas County, Florida
Location: Pinellas County, Florida
Employee Type: full time
Pay Type: Year
Experience: 5 years minimum
Education: Bachelor degree
Travel Required: None – May Need to Relocate
- DCS has an opening for a Manager, Technical Operations for Pinellas County, Florida. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to lead with a focus on excellence in leading people to achieve the desired business results.
- Work in collaboration with Construction Manager, Office Manager, Dispatch Group Manager, Human Resources and Training Manager.to achieve the desired business goals while maintaining & developing a skilled, highly motivated, informed, educated and diverse installation workforce.
- Analyze operations and performance to assure operational efficiencies. Meet or exceed all performance metrics i.e. productivity, quality, OT, system performance, Installation paperwork, billing, maintenance and all technical expectations, etc.
- Assist with strategy, development, and implementation of best practices to improve performance metrics for Technical Operations employees.
- Build an environment of highly motivated employees in order to exceed installation standards and service goals.
- Participate in developing and managing budgeted resources and assets.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local performance requirements including proofs, signal leakage, reliability reports, NCTA, FCC regulations and MSO minimum operating specifications.
- Manage, coach, and develop Technical Operations employees. Focus upon employee skill development and career growth. Proactively support and encourage participation in the DCS Training initiatives so that system and staff are able to respond to the demands of new technology deployment.
- Work with other departments as necessary to maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of new technology being deployed.
- Maintain open communication channels with cross-functional teams to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Accountable for the proper stock and management of all equipment and converter control management.
- Coordinate department responses to customer or department issues.
- Lead, manage, coach, and develop technical operations supervisory staff.
- Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance.
- Bachelors degree in business, engineering or technical field and/or equivalent combination of relevant experience and education.
- At least 5 years relevant management experience in a cable and/or other technology industry
- Demonstrated facilitative leadership abilities working in a fast paced, changing environment while maintaining a high level of employee satisfaction
- Strong sense of urgency in support of providing best in installation and customer care
- Proven ability to provide critical and detailed analysis/reporting on operational data/trends
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated experience in budgeting
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Individual must be highly collaborative and demonstrate strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Demonstrates strong problem solving skills.
To aid and assist Lead Techs and Installation Technicians in field as required: DCS is growing rapidly in this Market and we have a “Do Whatever It Takes” attitude so we do not leave any job undone. DCS will work with the Technical Operations Manager so they can assist with installation as needed. We at DCS feel that any Manager withing the Company should be able to support their team in any way needed. Please refer to the following Installer Requirements:
- Installation and /or repairing Cable/Digital TV, High Speed Data and Phone inside and outside of residential locations. Perform upgrades, downgrades, pre-wiring and dwelling installations. Install drops, outlets, Wall Fish, converters, cable modems, Wi-Fi services, EMTA, Telephone and Network wiring devices and other cable system devices. Measuring, recording and determining cable signals. Troubleshooting problems. Maintaining, securing and accounting for equipment inventories.
- Must adhere to all OSHA, DCS company policies and codes. Have ability to carry, climb an 80-pound, 28-foot extension ladder. Work with hand and power tools. Work outdoors in all types of weather conditions. Complete quality installations to preset standards. Present a positive, professional, and courteous image. Accurately complete essential paperwork. Have a strong work ethic, quality work and attendance.
- Technician will perform daily duties working in confined spaces such as attics, crawl spaces and under mobile homes. Jobs will involve the use of a step ladder and extension ladder performing work duties while aloft near power lines and electricity.
- Technician will have proven ability to work independently, with little supervision and must be able to organize and prioritize the completion of their daily route.
Technician will fill out and complete fully all associated daily paperwork in a timely manner.
- Technician will provide Smart Phone, Laptop and Hand Tools. DCS will work with technician on acquiring these items as required. DCS will supply work vehicle, ladders, safety equipment and all necessary equipment and hardware to install job.
- Technician is responsible for maintaining and stocking truck in order to have the proper equipment available for completion of daily route and to have extra equipment available for any other order.
- Customer communication and education is a vital part of the technicians job, instructing and demonstrating use of equipment, remote, video on demand, pay per view channels and to inform customer, before, during and at the conclusion of the installation.
If you are interested in joining our team, must provide resume and or application, you can contact us at email@example.com or call Kent Culp at (619) 865-0668.